An essential feature of the network is the operation of discussion groups (DGr) that focus on areas of common EU and GCC interest.
A variety of stakeholders/experts from both the EU and the GCC may participate in the discussion groups, including universities, research institutions, industrial entities, professional organisations and authorities.
The discussion group is co-chaired by distinguished EU and GCC experts that facilitate and co-ordinate the thematic working plan and stimulate discussions on hot topics of common interest.
The discussion groups meet twice a year at the Network events.
As per the arising needs, the discussion groups may organise and hold additional e-meetings through the website, as well as other activities (thematic discussions, seminars, training sessions), as appropriate, for the promotion of cooperation in their respective areas.
Five Discussion Groups are currently being set-up on the following topics:
Each Discussion Group consists of a number of selected qualified experts from the EU and the GCC regions with proven professional and/or research record in the specific field, thus capable of contributing and participating in collaboration activities including:
- know-how and technology transfer,
- policies discussion,
- examination of state-of-the art technologies,
- best practices discussion and promotion,
- research collaboration,
- dissemination and promotion of relevant demonstration projects, and
- facilitation and promotion of relevant EU-GCC cooperation initiatives and projects.
The co-operation among the Discussion Groups experts is guided and facilitated by the Discussion Group Conveners, who are qualified experts that moderate and support collaboration towards achieving the discussion group objectives.
Members of the Discussion Group will be able to follow closely the group activities that are launched. Indicative benefits include:
- invitation for participation in thematic working events, network meetings, training seminars as well as web-meetings, and
- personal account in the private experts collaboration Area within the Network web-platform.
Currently the discussion groups are in the formation stage. EU and GCC Experts in the above clean energy fields may apply for participation in one or more discussion groups -upon registration-.
Register and Apply for Joining one or more of the Discussion Groups.
Registered users may apply by noting the relevant preferences in their user profile.