Seminar on Wind Resource Assessment - 27 February 2012, by Mr. Iván Moya Mallafré - CENER (Spain) in cooperation with Dr. Yassine Charabi - Sultan Qaboos University and Mr. Sultan Al-Yahyai - Sultan Qaboos University.
The objective of this Seminar is to address the most important aspects of wind resource analysis and technology. The seminar will cover the following thematic topics:
- General introduction and basics of wind resource assessment: wind speed and direction, turbulence, wind shear;
- Site selection & Measurement campaigns;
- Microscale tools: WAsP programme, wind farm layout. Power curves and energy & production calculus;
- CENER CFD solution CFDWIND. Uncertainty analysis & bank reports;
- Mesoscale programs: wind resource maps and management tools;
- Test case on one or two Oman examples.
Seminar on Solar Resource Assessment - 28 February 2012, by Mr. Carsten Hoyer-Klick - German Aerospace Center - DLR
The objective of this Seminar is to familiarise the trainees with the main aspects of solar energy resource measurement and assessment. The seminar will specifically address the following topics:
- Methods for assessing solar radiation (ground measurements and remote/satellite sensing);
- Sources for solar radiation data;
- Benchmarking of solar radiation data;
- Required characteristics of solar radiation data for various applications/How to select a suitable data set for the desired application;
- Quality assessment of solar radiation data;
- Obtaining bankable data for CSP and PV installation.