WEBSITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Your privacy is important to EU-GCC Network. This privacy statement provides information about the personal information that EU-GCC Network collects, and the ways in which EU-GCC Network uses that personal information.
Personal information collection
EU-GCC Network may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your use of this website
- Information that you provide using for the purpose of registering with the website
- Information about transactions carried out over this website
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website
Using personal information
EU-GCC Network may use your personal information to:
- Administer this website
- Personalize the website for you
- Enable your access to and use of the website services
Where EU-GCC Network discloses your personal information to its agents or sub-contractors for these purposes, the agent or sub-contractor in question will be obligated to use that personal information in accordance with the terms of this privacy statement. In addition to the disclosures reasonably necessary for the purposes identified elsewhere above, EU-GCC Network may disclose your personal information to the extent that it is required to do so by law, in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings, and in order to establish, exercise or defend its legal rights.
Securing your data
EU-GCC Network will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. EU-GCC Network will store all the personal information you provide.
Online meetings - webinars
We use the "Zoom" tool to conduct telephone conferences, online meetings, video conferences and/or webinars (hereinafter: "Online Meetings"). "Zoom" is a service of Zoom Video Communications, Inc..
If you visit the "Zoom" website, the provider of "Zoom" is responsible for data processing. However, visiting the website is only necessary for using "Zoom" in order to download the software for using "Zoom". You can also use "Zoom" if you enter the respective meeting ID and, if necessary, other access data for the meeting directly in the "Zoom" app. If you do not want to or cannot use the "Zoom" app, the basic functions can also be used via a browser version, which you can also find on the "Zoom" website. When using "Zoom", different types of data are processed. The scope of the data also depends on the information you provide before or during participation in an "online meeting".
Description of data processing
The following personal data is subject to processing:
- User Details: first name, last name, telephone (optional), e-mail address, password (if "Single-Sign-On" is not used), profile picture (optional), department (optional)
- Meeting Metadata: subject, description (optional), participant IP addresses, device/hardware information
- For recordings (optional): MP4 file of all video, audio and presentation recordings, M4A file of all audio recordings, text file of online meeting chat.
- When dialling in by phone: information on incoming and outgoing phone number, country name, start and end time. If necessary, further connection data such as the IP address of the device can be saved.
- Text, audio and video data: You may be able to use the chat, question or survey functions in an "online meeting". To this extent, the text entries you make are processed in order to display and, if necessary, log them in the "online meeting". In order to enable the display of video and the playback of audio, the data from the microphone of your terminal device and from any video camera of the terminal device will be processed accordingly for the duration of the meeting. You can switch off or mute the camera or microphone yourself at any time using the "Zoom" applications.
In order to participate in an "online meeting" or to enter the "meeting room", you must at least provide information about your name.
Description of data processing
We use "zoom" to conduct "online meetings". If we want to record "online meetings", we will inform you in advance in a transparent manner and - if necessary - ask for your consent. The fact of the recording will also be displayed in the "Zoom" app. If it is necessary for the purpose of recording the results of an online meeting, we will log the chat content. However, this will usually not be the case. In the case of webinars, we may also process the questions asked by webinar participants for the purposes of recording and follow-up of webinars. If you are registered as a user at "Zoom", reports on "online meetings" (meeting metadata, telephone dial-in data, questions and answers in webinars, survey function in webinars) can be stored for up to one month at "Zoom". The possibility of software-based "attention tracking" in "online meeting" tools such as "Zoom" is deactivated. Automated decision making as defined by Art. 22 GDPR is not used.
Legal basis for data processing
As far as personal data is processed, § 26 BDSG is the legal basis for data processing. GDPR is the legal basis for data processing. In these cases, we are interested in the effective conduct of "online meetings".
- Recipient / transfer of data
Personal data processed during participation in "online meetings" is generally not passed on to third parties, unless it is specifically intended to be passed on. Please note that content from "online meetings" as well as personal meetings are often used to communicate information with Network members, interested parties or third parties and are therefore intended to be passed on. Τhe Network is using the quantity data (numbers of registrations, number of attendees) as a tool for the reporting to the EC. No personal data are transferred apart from the unique numbers. The Network is using the following personal data (a) name and (b) e-mail to communicate with online event participants the event outcomes and proceedings only to the extend that they have participated in the specific event. Other recipients: The provider of "Zoom" necessarily obtains knowledge of the above-mentioned data to the extent that this is provided for in our contract processing agreement with "Zoom".
Data processing outside the European Union
"Zoom" is a service by a provider from the USA. Processing of personal data therefore also takes place in a third country. We have concluded an order processing contract with the provider of "Zoom" which meets the requirements of Art. 28 GDPR. An adequate level of data protection is guaranteed on the one hand by the "Privacy Shield" certification of Zoom Video Communications, Inc. and on the other hand by the conclusion of the so-called EU standard contract clauses. Further information on data protection at Zoom can be found in the provider's data protection declaration at: https://zoom.us/privacy
and https://support.zoom.us/ hc/en-us/articles/ 360000126326-Official- Statement-EU-GDPR-Compliance
Cross-border data transfers
Updating this statement
This website contains links to other websites. EU-GCC Network is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.