The Working Group consists of a number of selected qualified experts from the EU and the GCC regions with proven professional and/or research record in the specific field, thus capable of contributing and participating in collaboration activities including:
- know-how and technology transfer,
- policies discussion,
- examination of state-of-the art technologies,
- best practices discussion and promotion,
- research collaboration,
- dissemination and promotion of relevant demonstration projects,
- and facilitation and promotion of relevant EU-GCC cooperation initiatives and projects.
- invitation for participation in thematic working events, network meetings, training seminars as well as web-meetings, and
- personal account in the private experts collaboration Area within the Network web-platform.
According to the WG discussions and consultations held so far, areas for potential EU GCC cooperation activities are the following:
Building retrofitting and building codes.
Use of “cool” materials in buildings, Building Energy Management Systems (BEMS), efficient lighting options.
Industrial heat management, including upgrading waste heat, district cooling.
Advanced industrial processes to increase resource and energy efficiency.
Upgrading industrial auxiliary streams.
Labels and standards: AC, highly efficient appliances, building envelop material, lighting.
The promotion of energy services companies (ESCO’s) using advanced, viable and affordable processes /technologies to increase energy efficiency.
Promote institutional, legislative, market and governance frameworks, including innovative and flexible funding mechanisms, for clean energy investments.
Mr Parker has worked in the field of energy efficiency and renewable energy for over 30 years.
Dr. Najib is a recognized technical and business Executive in the field of utility strategic and master planning, asset management and capital investment.
Dr. Vangelis Marinakis is an Electrical and Computer Engineer of the National Technical University of Athens and holds a PhD in the research domain of decision support systems for sustainable energy planning.